Welcome

Welcome to Lamb Cottage. It's a real place, and this is where I live with my dear husband. We even have lambs. This is a personal blog, especially concerning life as an American expat in Scotland, life as an over-50, life with lambs, and life as an Orthodox Christian. You're most welcome to come and visit awhile. I hope we can be friends!

Monday, April 24, 2017

Pretty Much Sums It Up

Would you believe this has been our weather today? Yes, all of these things. Right at this moment, mid-afternoon, it is slightly breezy but much calmer than it was; sunny but with more clouds building; cold, but not as cold as it was; dry but looking like it will be wetter again shortly. We had quite a lot of snow, but fortunately, none of it stuck where we are. This is especially good considering how many baby lambs are in the fields. 

Today's weather is exactly like life with MG. You can experience everything in one day. This makes it very difficult to plan, or even to begin or complete a task. 

This past week has been another trial. On Saturday, though, I felt pretty darn good. So, I overdid it. Then on Sunday, I felt pretty darn worn out. Didn't get enough good sleep. Struggled to get all the nourishment I needed. Fell right apart by evening.

NOTE TO SELF: It is easy to become stressed and fatigued, which makes me an emotional wreck, which makes life even more difficult for me and for My Husband. Stress and fatigue. They are the key players here for wrecking any progress.

Today has been slow in getting off the ground, but I was finally able to eat a bit and get my supplements down. I'm hoping to do a few small things before the day is done: making up my homemade toiletries (I am running out of some things), stitching, organising things in our prayer corner.

So, the lessons for today (so far) are these:
  • Life is very unpredictable for people with MG
  • Be grateful and thank God for every good thing...no, for EVERY thing
  • Love your loved ones well
  • Be kind to everyone
  • Do NOT stress over every little thing

Whilst the tomb was sealed, Thou, O Life, didst shine forth from the grave, O Christ God; and whilst the doors were shut, Thou didst come unto Thy disciples, O Resurrection of all, renewing through them an upright Spirit in us according to Thy great mercy.
Resurrectional Apolytikion

Yesterday was both Thomas Sunday and the Feast of St George. A double whammy! St Thomas is the patron saint of our household. Like human beings, he wrestled with doubt; but when he saw (and we can see with the eyes of our hearts) he was quick to say:  My Lord, and my God!


Liberator of captives, defender of the poor, physician of the sick, and champion of kings, O trophy-bearer, Great Martyr George, intercede with Christ God that our souls be saved.
Apolytikion of Great Martyr George

Lord have mercy upon us and save us! Be strong in the Lord!

post signature

No comments :