Welcome

Welcome to Lamb Cottage. It's a real place, and this is where I live with my dear husband. We even have lambs. This is a personal blog, especially concerning life as an American expat in Scotland, life as an over-50, life with lambs, and life as an Orthodox Christian. You're most welcome to come and visit awhile. I hope we can be friends!

Monday, June 5, 2017

Feeling Pretty Good


It is late spring here in Scotland. I think. The seasons run a little late here, but at the same time, the days are already long and bright. Lovely! The weather is, as usual, a bit of everything. Today it is dull and soft and wet and grey. A bit cool. A few days ago, it was quite warm and bright and sunny. Everything is blooming, so it's beautiful to see. And yes, the woods are carpeted with bluebells.


The daffodils and snowdrops, crocus and tulips, are long gone. The cherry trees are done blossoming. The apple trees still have some flowers. There are forget-me-nots everywhere. And daisies.

A person comes to life with all this growth around her. The lambs are growing like crazy, already quite big!

I am growing like crazy, too: learning and changing and growing. 


I feel quite good at the moment. There is a lot to say about this MG (Myasthenia Gravis) and how I, personally, am dealing with it...and healing from it. I think I will link to a separate place for updates and info on my own healing journey. It's not that I think I am a healing guru, not by any means. But maybe something I share might be of some little help for others who have MG. I want to say: I am completely drug free -- no pharmaceuticals at all. If you are like me, and you want to heal from within, and not rely on harmful drugs which only mask symptoms, and even those, not very well, then maybe my journey will help you. I will post a link soon. 


Meanwhile, take this day to slow down, be grateful, enjoy life. Whatever you do, find something to be grateful for. Take time to pray. Meditate. Listen. Look at whatever beauty you can find around you. Control your own mind, and follow your intuition.


If at all possible, get outside and into nature. Put your bare feet on God's ground. In the sand or grass. Rest your palms on the earth. Be thankful.

In everything give thanks, for this is the will of Christ Jesus concerning you.
1 Thess 5:18
post signature

No comments :