Welcome

Welcome to Lamb Cottage. It's a real place, and this is where I live with my dear husband. We even have lambs. This is a personal blog, especially concerning life as an American expat in Scotland, life as an over-50, life with lambs, and life as an Orthodox Christian. You're most welcome to come and visit awhile. I hope we can be friends!

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Vegetable Head


So...remember this painting by Guiseppe Arcimboldo? I can't remember where I first saw it, but I was quite young, and my initial reaction was EEEWWWW.

Now, I am him. I have begun a juice fast as I progress on my healing journey. Here's the thing: I haven't been able to eat solids for, well, most of this year so far. So I figured I might as well up the stakes and go for broke with the healthy eating. I definitely believe in food as medicine, and since I can't eat well currently, a juice fast seemed like the logical choice. The juicer is getting a workout, and I remain amazed at how many fruits and vegetables I am going through in a day. Yesterday, for example, I juiced:  11 carrots, 4 apples, 2 oranges, 1 lemon, 2 large handfuls of spinach, 1 large cup of strawberries, a thumb of ginger root, and an entire avocado. Add to that some pure beet and pure orange juice, and plenty of water. And several trips to the bathroom!

The thing is, although I am not back to normal with chewing / swallowing / talking, the rest of me is feeling better than I have in YEARS. Seriously. It's amazing. If I can do it, with all my current stumbling blocks, then anyone can. Yes, sometimes I get a craving for a cheeseburger, but the cravings are becoming fewer and farther between. Someday I will have the occasional burger or hotdog, but my goal is to eat super healthy for the rest of my life. I feel the difference and I'm sold!

NOTE: I have started another blog about my healing journey and Myasthenia Gravis. The link is up with the tabs on this page. If you are on a healing journey or searching for healthy alternatives, or if you just want to know what's going on with my healing, I hope you will join me there!
post signature

No comments :